During the MYPES week (micro and small enterprises), the first batch of goods acquired by Lima 2019 was delivered through the MYPErú purchase program encouraged by the Ministry of Production which created a Núcleo Ejecutor de Compra – NEC (Action Group) for this purpose.
This first delivery included 33 categories of metalworking, melamine and wood products, including beds (1644), coffee tables (1192), night tables (7166), wooden sofa (2714), among others.
To date, the Pan American Games NEC kits have recorded an average production progress of 40%. Deliveries of goods conclude in June.
Thus, Lima 2019 not only aims to promote sports in the country but also to support the national industry and labor, having created, so far, direct, indirect and induced employment for half a million people.
The President of the Republic Martín Vizcarra, the President of the Lima 2019 Organizing Committee (COPAL) Carlos Neuhaus, and the Minister of Production Rocío Barrios attended this event held at the Playa Sur esplanade of the Ministry of Production; they also toured the exhibition of the products delivered in this first batch.
The Head of State, Martín Vizcarra, assured that, although it is a sports event, Lima 2019 will generate tourism and economic value, which is why this is a great source of opportunities for the entire population.
“I am happy and excited because we are only over two months away from the Games. This is an event that goes beyond sports. Taking advantage of this situation, we have made, through the Ministry of Production, that the investments also generate well-being and employment for small and micro business. And since this experience has been so good, we have to repeat it. We have witnessed the high-quality of the products.
The Minister of Production pointed out that 302 MYPES were able to access Lima 2019 purchases, 95% of which were micro business and the remaining 5% were small business.
"This shows the potential of micro and small business, which are able to work according to high quality standards and competitive time and cost. With the Pan American and Parapan American Games, everyone will be able to see the quality of Peruvian products.
A total of PEN 22 million has been disbursed from Lima 2019 to MYPEs for the acquisition of goods, thereby investing on Peruvian enterprises. The Pan American Games NEC kits, to date, have made allocation processes of 213,731 goods to 302 MYPE contracted (269 micro business and 33 small businesses).
The Kits for Lima 2019 consist of manufactured goods of metalworking and wood nature, such as shelves, closets, bunk beds, lockers, sofas, among others. These items will be used to equip the main venues of the Games: the Pan American and Parapan American Village, Villa María del Triunfo Sports Center, among others.