Please consider the following conditions to enter the Lima 2019 sport events. Lima 2019 reserves the right to limit the items that can enter the venues. Therefore, authorized personnel will be at the entrance of each precinct to check people, handbags, vehicles, and goods before entering a competition and non-competition venues and/or, when there are suspicions of possession of prohibited or prohibited objects which may have violated entry control mechanisms.
Prohibited and restricted items, as stated in this policy, may pose a security risk, or generate a negative impact on the country’s image during the development of the Lima 2019 Games. It is important to note that once the prohibited/restricted item is confiscated, it will not be returned.
Items Prohibited at Sports Venues
Here is the list of items prohibited at different sports venues:
- Firearms or any device suspected to be a firearm including accessories.
- Offensive weapons or implements i.e. anything made or adapted for use for causing injury. ‘Handcrafted weapons including bayonets, knivesand extendable batons. Sharpened combs, belt buckles and modified blades that can be used as weapons.
- Firearms ammunition.
- Any item that may give cause harm and that the person may use within the venue, such as ropes, handcuffs, tents, protest related placards or banners and spray paint that may be intended to be used to commit an act of violence or sabotage towards persons or property or delay the event schedule.
- Explosive devices and materials, including spare parts or accessories.
- Flares, fireworks, pyrotechnics, smoke canisters and/or signaling devices which emit smoke, dye or flames.
- Hazardous substances including suspicious powders, pastes, chemicals, irritants, toxic substances and canisters containing various gases.
- Incendiary devices
- Items which have the appearance of an illegal or prohibited item, replica firearms or hoax improvised explosive devices whether capable of causing actual harm or not.
If a person possessing any of the prohibited items mentioned above is detected, it will be reported to the National Police of Peru through established procedures.
The following items do not require police intervention, unless the owner of the prohibited item refuses to hand it over or if a criminal act is suspected:
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Unprocessed food: only packaged and sealed food, for personal consumption, with sanitary registration, legible and valid expiration date not requiring preservatives* is allowed.
- Any item that is too large to be electronically screened at the point of entry.
- Bicycles (including folding types), roller-skates, skateboards, or other types of skates.
- Any item with a blade including folding pocket knives of 3 inches (7.62 cm) or under and knives carried as part of cultural attire.
- Self-defense sprays such as pepper sprays and other irritant sprays (will be given back at the venue exit.)
- Bottles and glass containers in general.
- Hand-held communication devices that transmit radio signals e.g., walkie talkies; cell or radio jammers; radio scanners and other devices that can transmit. Laser pointers, strobe lights, and similar light emitting devices, liquids, sprays, and gel, including alcoholic beverages (with exceptions), personal and private wireless access points and 4G hubs, pets, animals (except police animals or guide dogs).
Restricted Items at Sports Venues
- Non-accredited persons with photographic and broadcast equipment over 30cm in length, including tripods and monopods.
- Any object or clothing bearing political statements infringing the Lima 2019 Games brand protection regulations (ambush marketing); flags of countries not participating in the Lima 2019 Games.
- Balls, rackets, frisbees or similar objects or projectiles.
- A disproportionate amount of food for personal consumption.
- Large flags (over 1 m x 2 m), banners and poles.
- Items that restrict the view of other spectators, such as big hats and umbrellas.
- Items that make excessive noise, such as hunting horns, air horns, klaxons, drums, vuvuzelas, whistles or similar items; except in volleyball and football competitions.
Forbidden Actions at Venues
- Street vendors will not be allowed.
- Gambling is forbidden.
- Any kind of conduct that may annoy spectators (insults, fights shouting, etc.) will not be permitted.
- Getting undressed to be naked, with a bare torso or in underwear will not be permitted.
- Taking pictures with flash at the field of play will not be permitted because it blocks and distracts the athlete’s visibility.
- Entering the field of play without authorization.
- Any kind of discrimination, such as religious, gender, racial, etc. will not be permitted.
- Smoking is forbidden.
- Distributing flyers, brochures, banners, or any kind of material that may be used with political or advertising purposes.