We are the Special Project for the Preparation and Development of the Lima 2019 XVIII Pan American Games and Sixth Parapan American Games and established the path for the most important sports event in the Americas, which will be held for the first time in Peru.
The challenge was huge. We worked to ensure the development of this important event and to fulfill the commitments made by the Ministry of Transport and Communications. The eyes of the continent were set on our country during this challenge.
Mission and Vision
To effectively carry out the necessary actions for the development of the Lima 2019 Pan American Games and Parapan American Games in a planned and coordinated manner with the parties involved.
To achieve an excellent organization of the Lima 2019 Pan American Games and Parapan American Games, contributing to the development of sports in Peru and the international positioning of Lima.
The Special Project has the following general functions:
- Lead and execute the comprehensive management of the investment projects for the development of the Games, including planning, control and accountability processes.
- Programar y ejecutar las acciones y actividades necesarias para el desarrollo de los Juegos, en el marco del Plan Maestro y los acuerdos y compromisos del Comité Organizador.Schedule and implement the actions and activities necessary for the development of the Games, as part of the Master Plan, and enforce the agreements and commitments of the Organizing Committee.
- Provide technical and administrative support required by COPAL – PERU, contributing to the organization of the event.
- Promote the participation of the private sector and civil society organizations in the funding, research, development and/or maintenance of infrastructure, in accordance with the methods established in applicable regulations.
- Coordinate the support and participation necessary to meet the objectives established in the Master Plan with public administration and civil society organizations.
- Enter into agreements and contracts under the current regulations.
- Submit an annual report to the Cabinet of Ministers on the progress of the implementation of the Master Plan.
- Other functions assigned to the Special Project, within the scope of its competence.